Ham with Pineapple
- 1 (12 pound) bone-in ham
- 1/2 cup whole cloves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple rings in heavy syrup
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Score the rind of the ham with a diamond pattern. Press a clove into the center of each diamond. Drain the juice from the pineapple rings into a medium bowl, and stir in the brown sugar and lemon-lime soda. Coat the ham with this mixture. Arrange the pineapple rings over the outside of the ham. Place a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple ring, and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake uncovered for 4 to 5 hours, basting frequently with the juices, until the internal temperature of the ham is 160 degrees F (72 degrees C). Be sure the meat thermometer is not touching the bone. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Posted in cooking, Main Dish | Tagged Apple, blog, cook, cooking, easte, eater, exotic, food, ham, kitchen, pine, pineapple, recipe, recipes, with | 2 Comments »
Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.
- Unroll the cans of crescent roll dough, and use a rolling pin to shape each piece into 9×13 inch rectangles. Press one piece into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture into the baking dish, then cover with the remaining piece of crescent dough. Stir together 3/4 cup of sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Dot the mixture over the top of the cheesecake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into 12 squares.
Posted in cooking, Main Dish | Tagged bake, blog, cheesecake, cook, cooking, cream, dessert, food, kitchen, mexican, pie, recipe, recipes, sopapilla, vanilla | 1 Comment »
Four Cheese Margherita Pizza
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crusts
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Fontina cheese
- 10 fresh basil leaves, washed, dried
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Stir together olive oil, garlic, and salt; toss with tomatoes, and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Brush each pizza crust with some of the tomato marinade. Sprinkle the pizzas evenly with Mozzarella and Fontina cheeses. Arrange tomatoes overtop, then sprinkle with shredded basil, Parmesan, and feta cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Posted in cooking, Main Dish | Tagged bake, blog, cheese, cook, cooking, fontina, food, four, italian, kitchen, margherita, pizza, recipe, recipes | Leave a Comment »
Summer Berry Compote
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint fresh blackberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 pint red currants
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fennel greens
- In a large bowl combine strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and currants. Sprinkle with sugar and gently stir in fennel. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes. Serve cold.
Posted in cooking, Desserts | Tagged berry, blackberries, blog, blueberries, compote, cook, cooking, cuisine, currants, dessert, fennel, food, kitchen, raspberries, recipe, recipes, strawberries, summer | Leave a Comment »
- 4 medium bananas, peeled and halved horizontally
- 2 1/2 cups KELLOGG’S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried fruits or flaked coconut
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla-flavored candy coating or vanilla-almond bark
- 8 ice cream sticks
- Place banana pieces on foil-lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until needed.
- In shallow dish combine KELLOGG’S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal and fruit. Set aside.
- With adult help, in small saucepan melt candy coating according to package directions. Remove from heat. Pour into another shallow dish.
- Remove bananas from freezer and insert an ice-cream stick into cut end of each banana piece. Dip banana halves into melted candy coating, letting excess drip off. Roll in cereal mixture until evenly coated. Return to baking sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes. Transfer to airtight container. Freeze for 2 hours to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
Posted in cooking, Desserts | Tagged banana, blog, cook, cooking, cream, crisp, crust, cuisine, dessert, food, ice, kellogg, KELLOGG'S, kitchen, krispies, pops, recipe, recipes, rice, stick, vanilla | Leave a Comment »
Mouth-Watering Strawberry and Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup matzo cake meal
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 6×8-inch baking pans.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a fork; beat in the sugar, orange juice, cocoa, and cake meal until thoroughly blended. Gently stir in the strawberries and chocolate chips; divide the batter between the 2 prepared baking pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center of a pan comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Posted in cooking, Desserts | Tagged bake, blog, brownies, cake, chip, chocolate, cook, cooking, cuisine, desert, dessert, food, kitchen, matzo, mouth, recipe, recipes, strawberry, watering | Leave a Comment »
Older Posts »